Friday, November 7, 2008

Week 3 Observation

This week I made my observation on Thursday November 6, 2008. The water level in the tank was significantly lower than the first day it was set up. It's about 3/4 of the water left in the tank. The bacteria in the aquarium increased as usual. There seem to be less activity in my aquarium than last week. The orgainsms in my aquarium also seem to be getting less and less. Most of the non-stationary organisms in the tank are larvas and embryotic organisms. My assumption is that Plant B (Utricularia vulgaris L.), a carnovious plant I added to my tank, consumed most of the non-stationary organisms in my aquarium. The organisms I found that were left in my aquarium were several green algaes, 15 coleochaete, about 10 nematodes, about 10 daphnia, 3 gastrotrichs, and about 20 shelled rotifers larvas crawling along the plant roots.

List of organisms found:
Coleochaetes - 15
Nematodes - 10
Daphnias - 10
Gastrotrichs - 3
Shelled rotifers - 20

Below are the pictures of coleochaete and gastrotriches.

No comments: